“The Co-op" is an organization of registered Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP) caregivers and growers who volunteer their time, skills, and resources towards bringing OMMP patients in residential care facilities and hospice access to medicinal cannabis. For over fifteen years, this dedicated group has strived to provide assistance to patients with the most need due to the combined medical, environmental, and financial limitations they face. By working together with the residential care and hospice facilities of the patients we serve, they are able to greatly improve the quality of life of their patients and help them cope with the medical conditions they face.
For each participating patient,
'The Co-op' :
- Covers the expenses related to becoming a registered OMMP patient.
- Provides medicinal cannabis via a facility accepted modality.
- Checks-in with the patient on a weekly basic
- Maintains a patient chart to document which medicinal cannabis strains have been dispensed, the symptoms being experienced, and the effectiveness of the “prescribed” strain & modality of medicinal cannabis on their symptoms.
- Regularly communicates with their nurses, administrators, and attending physicians.
Our patients have included individuals being affected by:
- End of life
- Conditions due to accidents; auto, fire and even gun shot wounds.
Prior to being assisted by 'The Co-op',
each prospective patient completes an intake assessment to determine if their symptoms may be eased through the use of medicinal cannabis, and if they will be able to comply with the rules & regulations set by the OMMP, their individual care facility, and the 'The Co-op'.
During those fifteen years over 90 of those we cared for have passed on. We have done our best to make the most of Oregon's medical marijuana program. We feel we have made a small difference and cherish the experience. For the last 10 years the team at 'Farmer 12' has proudly been the primary medical marijuana producer for 'The Co-op.'